Thursday, June 25, 2009

Rest in peace, Michael Jackson


One of the biggest names in the music industry is dead. Michael Jackson died of cardiac arrest in a Los Angeles Hospital, to the surprise of millions worldwide.
I don't know about you guys, but it hasn't really sunk in for me. I'm not really a Michael Jackson fan, but I literally cannot imagine him dead. It never crossed my mind that he could die.
So let's join the many vigils going on at this very moment. Any Jackson fans out there? Any great memories or favorite songs? Any last wishes for the late pop sensation?

6 comments:

  1. Two in one day: MJ and Farrah Fawcett. Ah well...I guess The Big Man couldn't wait any longer for his personal performance of Thriller. :) Recquiescat in pace.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agreed - I was shocked to see the headlines of Fawcett and Jackson both streaming across the front page of MSN.com...

    Fawcett was one of my favorite Charlie's Angels, all along with being an amazing inspiration to those with cancer.

    But Michael Jackson's just seems fishy to me...hmmm

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well i thin that we will hear enough about it in the up comming year that we will all wish the tabloids would just leave him alone!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Agreed - he's suffered enough from the press...

    :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was so surprised when I heard! I was staying with my grandparents and my cousin came in and said, "Did you hear? Farrah and Michael are gone." I was semi-expecting Farrah, but I had no idea who she could've been talking about when she said Michael.

    That being said, it was a pretty sad day. I'm not a huge Michael fan, but what sane person doesn't enjoy Billie Jean? And one has to respect all of his contributions to modern music. He will be missed.

    ReplyDelete
  6. exactly! that's what i thought too! michael really did contribute a LOT to today's music...who doesn't laugh and break out some dance moves to 'Thriller'?

    His songs are pretty much eternal...

    ReplyDelete