Monday, June 29, 2009

Summer fun


Summer means a lot of things to a lot of people. To some, it's sleeping in and catching up on tanning time. To others, it's camps and swimming, biking and running. To me, summer means I have time to participate in my favorite activity: going to concerts. I usually try to go to the cheap/free local concerts, but last year I had the opportunity to go to the Sasquatch!Music Festival (not technically summer, but I'm counting it) This year I'm hoping to go to Bumbershoot in Seattle. Summer festivals are a hallowed American pastime and I highly suggest you surf the net and find one near your city. Festivals give you the chance to see bands from all over for a relatively low price and to hang out with some great people who share the same musical interests as you. Below are some links for finding out about some festivals.



Have you ever been to a music/art festival? What was your experience? Any fun/funny stories to share?



Read. Think. Type. Rock.


Katie

4 comments:

  1. Aww dude festavals are soo bomb i love them so much!!!!!

    I wanna go to mayhem feataval that would be SWEET

    lets see my favorite that i have been to was Creation 08 that was BA

    Good stories?? umm outhouse dodgeing is always good and be an my homie walked around singing for like 3 hours about what we say (this was at one in th morning min you)

    Yeah they rule!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol - yeah...there's nothing quite like creation-fest. :)

    one time a guy threw a cookie to me from the top of his camper-trailer...it was a good cookie too. everyone is just so friendly and loving at creation! love it! :)

    ugh - but the outhouses...now THAT'S a different story...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha...that's a great story. There are so many stories from Sasquatch, I don't even know where to start! My friends and I were watching Michael Franti and Spearhead, and this guy behind us was talking to all of his hippie friends in that slow chill hippie tone and he said,
    "When I was six, my parents told me not to look into the sun...so I did. It was until the bandages came off that I realized I could *see*"

    Hahahaha all of his friends were like WHoa...No way... and my friend Mychaela and I say that to each other whenever someone comments on the brightness of the sun

    ReplyDelete
  4. hahaha! - LOVE the hippees...gotta love em'. :D you should have leaned back and offered your sunglasses to the guy...

    Man, you're right, there are FEW things greater than the awesome concert-stories..:)

    ReplyDelete