Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Check out...

Kiel Mead! Kiel (pronounced "Kyle") is an up-and-coming, 24-year-old jewelry and furniture designer based out of New York City. Kiel started his design career with his awesome "keyrings", rings made from Mustang, Chrysler and other car keys. Mead's jewelry is crafted from mundane yet nostalgic items, from drill bits to lanyards to matchsticks and even chewing gum. Each piece is unique and carries it's own significance. To learn more about his art and for more pictures, check out his website at http://www.kielmead.com/

All I can say for myself is that I adore his forget-me-not rings (pictured above). What do you thing about Kiel's interesting art? Any artists/designers I should check out?
Read. Think. Type. Rock.
-Katie

3 comments:

  1. holy-cow-that-is-SO-cool!

    Those rings would make such beautiful wedding bands! (I really really hate diamonds...) but I would totally love that bow-style ring! It's so pretty...so shiny...

    As for other designers...Erica Weiner has super-cool skeleton key necklaces at her website: http://www.ericaweiner.com/n_skeletonkey.php

    Plus, ETSY has great up-and-coming people. DIY people! There are great t-shirts, purses, everything! I once got a handmade crocheted bracelet that has instantly become my fave. It's all handmade and is more often than not organic and easy on our planet. LOVE IT.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow that sounds so great! I'm definitely heading over to check out those skeleton keys....

    ReplyDelete
  3. They were pretty rad...:)

    But then again, i'm a total sucker for most things that are rustic/antique-ish...

    Where did you come across Kiel's designs??

    ReplyDelete