Thursday, June 11, 2009

Wizard Rock!


The lovely Lauren and Nina of The Moaning Myrtles.


So last night I made it to a wizard rock concert in the next town over, and it was so awesome I just had to share. :) It featured The Mudbloods, Justin Finch-Fletchley, The Whomping Willows, and The Moaning Myrtles, all of whom were amazing. For those who don't know, wizard rock is a genre whose songs and bands revolve entirely around Harry Potter. I'm still all fangirly from it, buying songs and watching YouTube clips and squealing over the awesome shirt I got (bright green with the phrase "I Believe in Nargles" in black along the front, signed by all the wrockers on the back). Wizard rock is one of those quiet obsessions of mine, not to subtle because it's too great to bottle up but not too overt because my mother starts to worry.


Any quirky music you're fond of? Or just random obsessions in general?

7 comments:

  1. Well, my mother doesn't understand why I'm in to the Dropkick Murphys, because she thinks it's just noise (yeah, I know, right?)...then I had her listen to Captain Kelly's Kitchen and she says "Oh, so they made a song about your last relationship?" And I'm like "Thanks, Mom!" *sighs* FML

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like some classic punk rock that people don't expect me to like...Stuff like the Sex Pistols and the Ramones and the Buzzcocks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. don't forget RANCID! they're great...especially the fact that they're coming out with a new record! *gasp!*

    it's probably most unexpected that i'm really really into disco and techno...man, ABBA is one of my prime obsessions. :) but i also love the new techno-ers like 'Global Deejays' and such...

    but thanks to Caitlin, i'm really wishing that we had a 'wizard-rock' scene around here..:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd hate to say it, but I liked the Mama Mia versions of the ABBA songs better than the originals--ain't that awful?

    ReplyDelete
  5. well that's definitely not awful...Mamma Mia pretty much rocked the free world as a new musical! :) (haA..i'll never forget the sight of Pierce Brosnan belting out those ABBA tunes, such a tough 'Bond-Man')

    ReplyDelete
  6. Or Stellan Skarsgard...the last movie I saw him in before that, he was playing a barbarian in King Arthur...and then it's like "...he sings?!"

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haaahaha...talk about the total character-turnaround.

    It was pretty "classic Brosnan" to be playing the heartthrob and Streep's love interest...but then the whole disco-ing, neon spandex-wearing, sing-your-heart-out-with-the-wind-blowing-in-your-hair Brosnan??? That was new...but awesome...:)

    ReplyDelete