Saturday, August 22, 2009

Top 10


Yup - school, school, school: It's coming and coming fast. I've started that seemingly-endless quest of supply shopping and collecting the essentials to achieve a smooth transition into the world of education....(again, *sigh*). Here's MSN.com's list of the Top 10 School Supplies needed by students everywhere, (along with your common sense, of course.)


1. Paper Organizer - Gotta remember your sports practice, after-school events, weekend plans, oh yeah - and homework! Sheesh...so much to do.


2. Backpack - Agreed...but handbags and oversize purses work dang well too. Any other alternatives to the classic backpack? (Still, probably not a good idea to pitch your books into the backseat of your car...)


3. Calendar - I LOVE calendar shopping at the first of the year! I collect the cool "365 Picture-a-Day" ones that investigate cool countries. Last year: Italy. This year: The UK.


4. Downtime Treats - That's the phrase they used for "chilling". I just love to kick back, read for fun, do some DIY, and play guitar. What's your "downtime treat"? (Ha..that phrase reminds me of a happy little brownie that's relaxing on the couch...)


5. Labels - Yup, this site wants to make sure your name is on everything from your calculator to your undies upon re-entering high school this year. Just a warning, I guess...


6. Lucky Charm - Mmm...good breakfast AND good luck! I love to wear my rings and lucky bracelet every day. Any other lucky charms and "rabbit's feet" out there?


7. Study Materials - Classic part of school: Sitting at the desk with books, books, books! Anyone know any good study or homework-help sites?


8. Reference Books - I live by my Webster's Collegiate Dictionary...there have definitely been many an exam paper improved by my friend Webster.


9. Watch - Yay! I collect watches. Plus, they're handy! Making my collection appear to be more then just a weird fetish for timepieces that I have trouble reading...


10. Water Bottle - These reuseable things are one of the greatest inventions on the planet! (Not only are we saving the planet, but you can put crazy stickers on em'! Even attempt to sneak in some *gasp! diet soda or some banned flavored seltzer water...both are my weaknesses...)


Getting ready for school is just dawn over the horizon of a new school year: Any predictions as to the school year? What's your favorite class? Least favorite?




9 comments:

  1. I have a metal water bottle that I love, and I always wear my lucky band tee when I need a little boost of luck

    ReplyDelete
  2. NICK AND CHLOE JOINED FORCES! COMBINED COMMENT POWER! GO GO GO! :D

    we're both at my house...-chloe

    chloe: yeahhh i LOVE band tees! i swear by my lucky relient k shirt that i cut and tied together in bunches of funky ways...

    nick: i also have a lucky mauve flamingo that fits nicely in my pocket on tuesdays...i love him.

    chloe and nick: and our reuseable water bottles rule. they rock the stickers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. best alternative for a backpack: reusable grocery sack.
    I love my stainless steel water bottle! it keeps everything hot or cold!
    Sparknotes is good for English and Lit. Class help.

    What's funny for me is that I'm home schooled, and I go "school shopping" but I never end up using most of what I buy!...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love school shopping! :) I love it so much that I barely have to go this year - I can just raid my stash of extras from last year.

    But I'm still going shopping...it's too fun to pass up. :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kind of makes me wish I was starting school, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ha - Actually...I have to agree. I LOVE school so much, I can't wait for it to start.

    I've got orientation-week at SCC going on right now...it's only making me want to get back to the books FASTER! :) RIGHT NOW! But I guess I'll try to enjoy the rest of summer...:D Ha...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know! I want homelink classes to start so bad!!! We don't register for our classes until next week....

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yikes! School starts tomorrow for me and I'm still slaving over summer homework! That + soccer + link crew makes me feel like I've been in school for weeks now! But I still can't wait to go back!

    ReplyDelete
  9. *gasp...KATIE, TOMORROW!?! Ahhh! Congrats! :) I love how we're all so absolutely jazzed for school to start!

    (such nerds...:D but in a GREAT way!) Seriously! Awesome Nerd-Alert!

    I start HS on September 1...but SCC on Sept 21...I'm countin' down the days!

    ReplyDelete