Saturday, August 15, 2009

Tweets from the Deceased


Once a Founding Father, now a 'Tweeter'?

Thanks to Twitter, it's as easy as a few mouse-clicks to get into the lives' of your favorite celebrities. Some celebs post and update everything from current moods, locations, destinations, (even the status on their latest break-ups and hook-ups).

According to MSN.com and thanks to the Massachusetts Historical Society, you can now get updates on former president John Quincy Adams. From the address; @JQAdams_MHS, you'll be able to check out Adams' Tweets straight outta' his personal diary entries.

Technology lives on, even if you've been dead for nearly 161 years...

What's your reaction to Twitter? Any 'Tweeters' out there?

4 comments:

  1. I don't think my Tweets would mean anything! I understand wanting to read the Tweets of Ben Gibbard or even Ashton Kutcher, but who wants to know if I'm at a concert or eating a sandwich? Not many people

    ReplyDelete
  2. hmmm...what kind of sandwich is it?

    just kidding...:D

    yeah - my tweets would be stupid too. look, "chloe's drinking coffee"....

    oh look..."she's drinking coffee again"...

    that's life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think twitter is misused. Its great in theory, but it should be used for official, or professional use.

    ReplyDelete
  4. True - The first time I heard about Twitter was through Journalism Camp at the Spokesman. They had a couple of writers in the Duncan trial and they were constantly (do I say 'Tweeting',or 'Twittering'?) updates on the trial.

    I thought that was a pretty cool way to use the program; as a constant "update"...not spew of odd info...lol. :)

    ReplyDelete