Sunday, May 31, 2009

Blog Intro!




Hey guys! So, taking a leaf out of Katie and Chloe's book, I'm posting my own quick introduction. I'm Caitlin, and I'm the Vox's crosscountry correspondent (in other words, I live in Dallas). I wrote for the Vox for two years and was extremely reluctant to leave it behind when we moved last summer, so Erin offered me a position on the blog, which I happily accepted. Now on to the random trivia:

-My favorite color is dark purple.
-I have two dogs, one a pug-daschund mix and the other a German shepard-terrier mix.
-I am one of the few teenage girls in existence who does not like Twilight.
-Books I DO like, however, include Harry Potter, Jonathan Strange and Mr. Norrell by Susanna Clarke, and Ishmael by Daniel Quinn (every single one of you needs to go read that last one, right now; I mean it).
-I will be a senior in four days (the nice thing about living down here is that we don't have ages of snow days to make up :D).
-My favorite bands are (at the moment) U2, Coldplay, Snow Patrol, and Keane, though I've found few bands I don't like.
-I'm so hooked on coffee that my parents got me an espresso machine last Christmas because doing so would ultimately save them money, since I wouldn't be borrowing cash for Starbucks all the time.
-I am an avid writer who loves her characters almost as much as she loves forcing them into awful situations.
-I've participated in National Novel Writing Month the past two years. Made it year before last, didn't even come close last year, hoping to make it again this year.

I think that covers the basics. I look forward to continuing to blog with you guys, and I hope we get as much traffic as we did on the Spokesman site. Tell your friends to get over here and post!

Any random tidbits about yourself you'd like to share?

5 comments:

  1. I have only ever broken one bone, and it was my left pinkie. We were playing tennis in P.E. and my friend KJ hit a ball to me. I tried to catch it but pulled away and it clipped my finger. I was afraid our teacher would think I was a wuss so I played with a broken finger the rest of the day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. s'alright Cait- I don't like Twilight either... We can be "not normal" together!!! ;)

    btw- you won't be our only "cross-country correspondent" this time... Jeremiah, from Arkansas will be joining us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to agree - I'm not a Twilight-er either..:).

    As for my "random tidbit"...(I now love that phrase, by the way!), I'd have to say that I like almond butter WAY better than regular peanut butter...such good stuff. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I literally just put 'Ishmael' on hold... just because you so fervently insited on it:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Watch out Rae! I'm back in Spokompton for the summer. :) My random tidbit: I'm a sophomore Wildlife Ecology & Management major at Arkansas State University-Jonesboro...my concentration is in Fisheries, and I'm double-minoring in psychology and marine science.

    ReplyDelete